[tpop3d-discuss] request for logging feature

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:12:51 +0100

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 03:11:33PM +0800, Haris Hudji wrote:
> I have a request for verbose logging level. In the current version I see too
> many info in the log. Imagine if you are managing server with thousands of
> users and hundreds of users on-line all day and checking their mail at least
> every 30 minutes. The log will grow quickly. So I think it would be nice if
> only client connect/disconnect, auth success/fail or something error is
> logged. Any other info will be logged if logging level is increased. The
> level of logging can be adjust at configuration file.

This is on the `to do' list, but I haven't had time to
address it yet.

One interim alternative would be to use something like
syslogd-ng to filter messages based on regular
expressions.

--
``Under whose authority did you decide to destroy that planet?''
``It was according to your orders, Lord Grater. You said, `If any