[tpop3d-discuss] freebsd post-compile error

sep@aphix.com sep at aphix.com
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 02:13:53 -0500

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:10:00AM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> * sep@aphix.com <sep@aphix.com> [20030909 10:01]: wrote:
> > Forgive me if this is a something trivial, but I just can't
> > figure it out.  I've used tpop3d while version 1.4.1 & .2
> > were out, and have made heavy modifications to them to "adjust"
> > the program to my setup.  But 1.5.2 has thrown me a loop.
> >
> > Compiled "out of the box" (or ports tree) things go fine, until
> > I try to start the tpop3d daemon.  When anything but "0.0.0.0"
> > is specified in the tpop3d.conf, I get:
> >

> > listener_new: bind(ANY_VALID_IP:ANY_VALID_PORT): Can't assign requested address
> > /usr/local/etc/tpop3d.conf: no listen addresses obtained; exiting
>

> This problem was reported earlier when 1.5.1 came out, and a small
> patch was released by Chris. However, it was fixed in 1.5.2 (I believe),
> because I am running 1.5.2 in both FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE and 5.1-RELEASE-p2
> and there is no problem.
> I did not see 1.5.2 in the ports yet. Perhaps you can just change the
> PORTVERSION and distinfo manually and build?? I have done such a thing
> before, I swear ;)
>

>         cheers
>        - wash

Ahh.. always the simple things that get you.  I haven't been on this
list very long (signed up tonight) so I didn't hear about the patch
that was released.  Also, I never noticed that the ports version was
1.5.1 and the website version was 1.5.2.  I guess I'll just write this
down to one of those "2am and going.." things.   Thanks :)

-shawn