[tpop3d-discuss] freebsd post-compile error

sep@aphix.com sep at aphix.com
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 01:55:29 -0500

Forgive me if this is a something trivial, but I just can't
figure it out.  I've used tpop3d while version 1.4.1 & .2
were out, and have made heavy modifications to them to "adjust"
the program to my setup.  But 1.5.2 has thrown me a loop.

Compiled "out of the box" (or ports tree) things go fine, until
I try to start the tpop3d daemon.  When anything but "0.0.0.0"
is specified in the tpop3d.conf, I get:

listener_new: bind(ANY_VALID_IP:ANY_VALID_PORT): Can't assign requested address
/usr/local/etc/tpop3d.conf: no listen addresses obtained; exiting

I've tried every sort of combination with the listen-address:
directive in the .conf file, all to no avail.  The only thing
that works (again, this is a un-modified compilation) is to
specify 0.0.0.0 in the listen-address directive.

The system is running FreeBSD 5.1-p2, i386 flavor.  Has
anyone run into this type of thing?  Or am I just having one of
those moments..

-shawn