[tpop3d-discuss] Another MySQL question

Michal Czerwinski holmier at mail.inomail.pl
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:23:48 +0200

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 07:20:07PM +0200, Allan Joergensen wrote:

> I use this as a security measure (but this may be a wrong approach)
> since it should be imposible for users in one domain to chdir into
> another domain's directories (this is when ftp'ing in).

You could just drop users after login into chroot enverioment,
most ftp daemons have those feature.
If they do not have their homes, drop them to thea area where they allowed to store
files.

IMHO there is no need to use uniq uids per domain
since you MTA has to have +rw acces on files from each domain.

MC.
--
...and in darkness bind() them...