[tpop3d-discuss] has anyone seen such behaviour with tpop3d 1.5.1? (hanging)

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:59:26 +0200

On Tuesday 02 of September 2003 12:22, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 09:54:33AM +0200, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > The problem is that tpop3d after working for a while hangs. I mean new
> > connection seems be accepted but nothing more happens:
>
> No. Is there anything indicative in the logs? (E.g., is
> there any possibility that it's hung in authentication?)
I can't check that but I'll setup 1.5.1 on separate port on the same machin=
e=20
and try to reproduce.

> > It's tpop3d 1.5.1 with fork fix patch applied from cvs
> > (http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SOURCES/tpop3d-fork.patch?rev=
=3D1.
> >1).
>
> -- that fix is in my CVS, now.
I know because I taken it from there ;)

> > The problem is that I can't trace it down since it's production system.
> > For now I've downgraded tpop3d to 1.4.2. Note that 1.4.2 doesn't hang.
>
> Do you mean that the problem is repeatable?
Yes. No idea on what circumstances it depends.

=2D-=20
Arkadiusz Mi=B6kiewicz    CS at FoE, Wroclaw University of Technology
arekm.pld-linux.org AM2-6BONE, 1024/3DB19BBD, arekm(at)ircnet, PLD/Linux