[tpop3d-discuss] Help with incorrect received date on microsoft clients

Dave Baker dave at dsb3.com
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:08:55 -0500

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 06:47:45PM +0200, Leon Botes wrote:
> From leon@trusc.net Wed Oct 29 18:43:59 2003
> Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:43:59 +0200
> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:43:37 +0200

I agree ... those date headers look perfectly fine.

Here's a thought .... you said the date comes out the same for every email
but the time differs.  How about dropping something in the mail spool and
editing all the date related headers (the three above come to mind as
possibilities) to make the time element significantly different from each
other.

Then, in the client you can look at the time that shows and determine
which date header is being picked up.

I'm grasping at straws, but perhaps if we know which header outlook is
having a problem with will make it easier to work out how to fix it ...

Dave

--

-    Dave Baker      :      dave@dsb3.com      :      http://dsb3.com/    -
GnuPG:  1024D/D7BCA55D / 09CD D148 57DE 711E 6708  B772 0DD4 51D5 D7BC A55D