[tpop3d-discuss] Wierd problem with received date on the mail clients

Leon Botes leon at trusc.net
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:32:00 +0200

FreeBSD 4.7
TPOP3D 1.5.2

Installed from the freebsd ports today.

Certain mail clients some using outlook and others outlook express have all
their emails that are received showing a received date of 04/10/2001 in
dd/mm/yyyy format.

I have checked the mail while its still in the mail spool directory and the
dates there are correct.
However as soon as the client draws it the above date appears in his
received column.
I am using outlook and mine and others work fine.
Just these couple of clients have this problem.
Mailer is exim 4.24 with mysql.
I am using mysql auth if that helps and am posting my tpop3d.conf

listen-address: 0.0.0.0
max-children: 50
append-domain: yes
auth-mysql-enable: yes
auth-mysql-mail-group: mail
auth-mysql-hostname: localhost
auth-mysql-database: ispman
auth-mysql-username: root
auth-mysql-password: 12RemembeR
auth-mysql-pass-query: SELECT CONCAT('/var/mail/', '$(local_part)'),
CONCAT('{plaintext}', password), 'mailnull' , 'bsd' FROM mailboxes WHERE
username ='$(local_part)'

ANY suggestions?