[tpop3d-discuss] ERR: Lies (when there's no lies)

Andrew Nelson andrew__nelson at hotmail.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 00:32:32 +1000

Hi,

I have tpop3d 1.5.2 working with auth-perl (which
looks up accounts from mysql, logs to mysql and
also to a file.

Everything seems to be working fine except that if I leave
any mail client (Eudora, Netscape, Outlook) checking
every 5 minutes or so, they sometimes prompt
for a username/password (the server having responded
with "ERR: Lies")...  This is annoying because some clients
don't retry and you have to keep typing the password..

My auth script doesn't appear to even have been called...
Here is my tpop3d.conf:
---
listen-address: 0.0.0.0
max-children: 200
mailbox: bsd:/var/mail/$(user)
auth-perl-enable: yes
auth-perl-start: do 'pop_auth.pl';
auth-perl-pass: auth
---

Can anyone help?

Thanks,   Andrew

Chat via SMS. Simply send 'CHAT' to 1889918. More info at
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/MoChat.asp?blipid=6800