[tpop3d-discuss] Opera and tpop3d

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:56:46 +0000

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 10:31:07AM -0800, Matthew Trent wrote:
> After rolling out our new email system of tpop3d and Exim+Exiscan+Spamassassin
> +ClamAV, and quite successfully I might add, we've discovered the Opera email
> client ("M2") doesn't seem to work with tpop3d. A customer reported it and
> I've tried it myself with the latest versions of Opera for Linux and Windows.
> The customer also tried some older versions of Opera with the same result.

hmm. I've now tried this with Opera 7.23 (just downloaded
from opera.com), and it works fine with CVS tpop3d. Which
version of tpop3d are you using?

> Opera has a handy feature to log the protocol interaction to a file and I'll
> paste that below. It looks like Opera is sending redundant STATs and doing
> things out of order possibly? Can anyone else say whether Opera works with
> their tpop3d? We know Outlook Express, Outlook, KMail, Evolution, Eudora,
> Mozilla, Sylpheed, our proprietary webmail, and, *sigh* Incredimail work just
> fine on the new server...

there was a problem with command pipelining between 1.4.2
and 1.5.1, which could have caused a problem like the one
you describe, but that should be fixed now.

--
``We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other
  languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their