[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d hanging at prompt

Larry Chancy lchancy at onr.com
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:40:38 -0600

So far it seems to be some difference between RH9 and RH7.3 thats =
causing the delay problem. The previous server was not having this =
issue, nor does the other tpop3d server we have. I had to switch back to =
1.4.2 because we were getting complaints about duplicates, which had =
happened on the other server before when we tried upgrading to the 1.5 =
series.

This is a Compaq Proliant DL380 with hardware raid(5) and dual 1.4Ghz =
processors of which we currently have the second disabled to rule out =
the possibilies of an SMP kernel or APIC problem. It is using Redhat =
kernel 2.4.20-20.9.

Our next step is going to be trying to scale back the kernel. Otherwise =
I fear we may
need to revert to RH7.3 to downgrade other potential package conflicts =
(GLIBC, etc.).

It only seems to be causing the issue with tpop3d, and when I am =
monitoring the system with top the tpop3d parent process is still going =
to 99.9% fairly often for a few seconds. None of the other processes are =
going above a few percent.

Let me kThis is a Compaq Proliant DL380 with hardware raid(5) and dual =
1.4Ghz processors of which we currently have the second disabled to rule =
out the possibilies of an SMP kernel or APIC problem. It is using Redhat =
kernel 2.4.20-20.9.

Our next step is going to be trying to scale back the kernel. Otherwise =
I fear we may
need to revert to RH7.3 to downgrade other potential package conflicts =
(GLIBC, etc.).

Any alternate suggestions would be appreciated. I'd really rather stick =
with RH9 if possible.

Thanks,
Larry