[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d hanging at prompt

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:03:07 +0000

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 01:06:30PM -0600, Larry Chancy wrote:
> Right now I see 104 people with an established connection to port 110 but only 3 child processes. It looks like most of these are probably waiting for the initial +OK banner.

Can you try attaching to tpop3d with a debugger and
sending a stack trace:

$ gdb /path/to/tpop3d pid-of-tpop3d-parent-process
    [...]
(gdb) bt
    [ prints stack trace ]
(gdb) cont
    [ tpop3d continues to run ]
    [ wait a few seconds, then hit ^C ]
    [ do the bt thing again ]
            [ repeat a few times, see if the stack trace
            changes in any interesting way ]
(gdb) detach
(gdb) quit

-- I'd be interested to see the results.

--
You can check out any time you like... but you can never leave
(from `Hotel California', The Eagles)