[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d hanging at prompt

Larry Chancy lchancy at onr.com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:25:23 -0600

I just switched from a 300Mhz Redhat 7.1 server to a dual 1.4Ghz Redhat =
9.0 server and
am getting a wierd hang after connecting to port 110 using telnet.=20

Usually during peak hours there is a random delay between the Connected =
and the +OK banner
that I am having trouble finding its cause. This delay may be anywhere =
from 3 seconds to over a minute.

Using "top" I sometimes see the tpop3d parent process go up to 99.9%. =
Could this indicate some issue/conflict with multiple processors or the =
smb kernel?=20

I used the same version/config 1.4.2 that I did with the old server, and =
have since
gone from 1.5.2 to the CVS version. I'm currently using these configure =
options
'--enable-shadow-passwords' '--sysconfdir=3D/etc' =
'--enable-mbox-maildir'
'--disable-snide-comments' '--disable-mbox-bsd' '--disable-auth-pam'

I've tried using strace, there is a lot of data my inexperience with it =
has proven fruitless  on pinpointing what might be causing these hangs.

----/etc/tpop3d.conf----
listen-address: 0.0.0.0
mailbox: maildir:$(home)/Maildir
auth-passwd-enable: yes