[tpop3d-discuss] TLS status

Paul Makepeace beasts.org at paulm.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:18:35 +0100

Hello,

A user has requested "secure access" to their email and I thus began
wondering what the status of TLS/SSL support in tpop3d was. I've read
thru' the Jan 2002 thread which seems to end in talk of tlsproxyd -- but
tpop3d in CVS seems to support it. (?) Google isn't showing much for
tpop3d+tls

In particular I'd be delighted to hear of experiences with how it's
deployed (e.g. tpop3d.conf & command line invocations to forge
cerificates, etc), how it plays with real life MUAs and what else to
expect. Having wasted five hours of my life debugging SMTP AUTH with
various MS Outlook variants and discovering a key piece of info that
would've saved that time I'd rather ask here than start a lonely path of
experimentation.

Ultimately I'm happy to patch INSTALL to include more info.

Thanks! Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"What is sewing? It itches."