[tpop3d-discuss] Default tpop3d.conf

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:35:15 +0100

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 02:01:09AM +0100, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Minor point - tpop3d.conf claims it looks in /etc but ./configure has a
> default of CONFIG_DIR=/usr/local/etc
>
> (./configure --sysconfdir=/etc seems to do it.)

Yeah. I don't like this, but it's the autoconf default,
and I think the `principle of least surprise' means that I
should accept the default. It's alluded to in the
changelog, and I've modified the man page slightly.

--
``The practical scientist is trying to solve tomorrow's problem with
  today's computer; the computer scientist... often has it the other way