[tpop3d-discuss] Maildir locking, to prevent more than 1 simultaneous access?

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:55:08 +0000

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:43:34AM -0800, Rich, WhidbeyNet NOC wrote:
> Chris, List,
>
> "I'll put in an option to lock the maildir, and make tpop3d error if the
> message has already been deleted."
>
> I'm glad I wasn't overlooking something obvious. We really appreciate
> your work Chris!!

My intention is to do this with a lock *directory* (as CVS
uses). This is simpler, which is a Good Thing. I was going
to create a directory called $(maildir)/.poplock and
remove it on exit. I think that there should probably be
a timeout if the directory is more than (say) 30 minutes
old.

--
``All human actions are equivalent, and all are doomed to failure.'' (Sartre)