Re[2]: [tpop3d-discuss] Case problems during checikng mailbox

Wiktor Zgodziński Wiktor Zgodziński
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 19:07:49 +0100

CL> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 06:42:31PM +0100, Wiktor Zgodziński wrote:
>> I'm using tpop3d 1.4.2  with auth_mysql and with my own db. All is=
 fine,
>> but today I notice following problem.
>>
>> If user give his account name in different case ex:
>> John.Smith@domain.com (spool dir for him is called
>> /var/spool/mail/domain.com/john.simith) tpop3d log him in, but say=
ing
>> that there is no message for user. Of course there are few message=
 and
>> if user logs as john.smith@domain.com he gets his messages.
>>
>> What should I fix to resolve this problem. May be I didn't  read
>> documentation carefully. ? Just tell me that.

CL> Your database is doing a case-insensitive compare. Cf.

CL>     http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Case_Sensitivity_Operators.html

CL> Two obvious fixes: either do a case-sensitive compare on
CL> username, or cast the results through lcase(). See the
CL> MySQL manual for more on this.

I don't have problem with authorization. I have problem after auth.
When tpop3d checking user mailbox it's looking into mailbox:/var/spool/mail/$(domain)/$(local_part)
but local_part is John.Smith not john.smith. And here is a problem.
There is no such mailbox John.Smith only john.smith.

I don't have users mailbox name in db. Only username,domain and
password.

--
Pozdrowienia,
 Wiktor                            mailto:viki@isp.telenergo.pl