[tpop3d-discuss] MySQL troubles

Richard Stockton richard at richardleestockton.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:54:39 -0800

This is my first post to the list, so be kind. [grin]

I am trying to enable mysql with tpop3d.  I actually only want
to use the "auth-mysql-onlogin-query:" directive for use with
my pop-before-smtp, but it appears that I have to enable
auth-mysql to make that happen, is that right?

However, when I try to configure with;

./configure --enable-mbox-maildir --enable-auth-mysql
  --with-mysql-root=/usr/local --enable-auth-passwd

I get this error;
configure: error: vmail-sql authentication enabled, but can't find mysql.h

MySQL is installed (and running), and "mysql.h" exists in
"/usr/local/include/mysql/mysql.h", AND there is a link to
that file at "/usr/local/include/mysql.h".  I also tried
putting it in "/usr/include/mysql.h", to no avail.

Versions: FreeBSD 5.0, MySQL 3.23.55, tpop3d 1.4.2,
Postfix 2.0.3

If I leave out "--enable-auth-mysql" (but leave in the
"--with-mysql-root=/usr/local"), I don't appear to get the
mysql stuff compiled in, although tpop3d then runs okay.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.

  - Richard
  | Senior Systems Manager: http://adhost.com/   Adhost: 425-454-9520 |