[tpop3d-discuss] APOP from flat files

Angel Marin anmar at gmx.net
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:34:34 +0100

Hi,

[...]

> That's a fairly plausible idea. I think that the original
> author was using a system where fgetpwent would work OK
> without the trailing ::::. By all means patch it, though
> if it could be back-compatible, that would be a plus....

I did have password files on shadow format so I did not have to think about
the trailing ::::, I already had them. I used fgetpwent because I prefered
using a POSIX function instead scanning the file directly. And it was much
more simple to implement :) It was also simple to find or write tools for
working with passwd compatible format files.

Regards,

--
Angel Marin
http://anmar.eu.org/