[tpop3d-discuss] some minor remarks about tpop3d 1.5.3

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:07:20 +0000

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 10:59:21AM +0100, Manuel Giorgini wrote:

> 1. (very minor, maybe useless) the provided file "tpop3d" in init.d/
> doesn't seem to be influenced by configure/make, despite the presence of a
> Makefile there. After having compiled everything, it still had a wrong path
> for the executable file (/software/sbin/tpop3d; which is strange because a
> "make install" would surely be able to know in which directory it will end
> up), and the file itself was pre-configured to launch a secure version of
> tpop3d which I didn't request in the configuration.

ah, yes. That file is only an example. If you'd like to
contribute a better one (automakeified, so that it fills
in the proper paths), I'd be most grateful.

> I checked auth_mysql.c and indeed in lines 270 and 370, there is a row[3]
> where a row[2] would seem to be more appropriate.
>
> I apologize in case such problems were already fixed in the cvs version.

It is now :)

(I should remark that this is only a bug in the error
message format, but it's pretty poor that it took two
years to fix....)

--
One thing is for sure: the sheep is not a creature of the air. They have
enormous difficulty in the comparitively simple act of perchin'.