[tpop3d-discuss] Lockfile problems..

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:13:51 -0800

Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 04:33:56PM -0800, James Gurney wrote:
>
>>This morning in my spool folder, I noticed the following files:
>>
>>-r--r-----    1 dean     mail            0 Dec  1 02:28
>>dean.18998.1070274490.devious
>

>>The syslog contains:
>

> What is dean's quota like?

No quota restrictions at all. that's what's weird about it. /var
definitely wasn't out of space, and as I said, I can't think of anything
that would have used up all the FDs (I've seen some log cycling programs
cause problems with this, but I run my own log cycler that wasn't
running that night anyway).

> If you don't need .lock support, switch it off and use
> fcntl locking only. Otherwise be prepared to put up with
> occasional flakiness. It's not as if a .lock is a very
> sensible mutual exclusion primitive anyway.

Fair enough, I'll recompile with fcntl only. This was one thing I wasn't
sure about when running the configure, so I left it at default. I'll
give that a try and see if it crops up again.

James