[tpop3d-discuss] serious problem with STAT response

Michal Czerwinski holmier at mail.inomail.pl
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:23:33 +0200

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 05:00:15PM +0200, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Friday 29 of August 2003 16:53, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> > I don't understand where the first
> > `+OK' came from. Can you tell me more about the Outlook
> > configuration here?
>
> Looks like my client is using some proxy between tpop3d and outlook - that
> proxy probably does bad things. More information as soon as my client
> replies. Stay tuned.

Yes, it is such possibility for example a virus scanners, that offen act as transparent proxies for pop3 sessions.
Another problem is that many clients can't handle a proper TLS connection to send e-mail/receive e-mail.

It's common problem with TLS support on SMTP.
As i've checked, generally all of them do a proper pop3 trough TLS session, no problem where noticed.
But when trying smtp, only Mozilla e-mail Client and thebat 2.x have it done properly.

Cheers Mc.
--
and in darkness bind() them