[tpop3d-discuss] maildir

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:06:23 +0200

Donovan Craig wrote:

> My question is: If you're using MySQL authentication and specifying
> the path within the db, will tpop3d know to use maildir if a
> directory is specified or do I need to do something else for this to
> happen ?

No, the mailbox type is returned in the SQL-query. The default hard-coded
query uses bsd:
SELECT concat(domain.path, '/', popbox.mbox_name), popbox.password_hash,
domain.unix_user, 'bsd'
so you have to specify your own auth-mysql-pass-query and/or
auth-mysql-apop-query which returns 'maildir' instead of 'bsd'.

> BTW: Saw the new version today (1.5.1).. Looks good. downloading it

yeah, runs very fine here. and maildir-only from the beginning :) (1.3.4 or
something)