[tpop3d-discuss] Re: bulletins

ODHIAMBO Washington wash at wananchi.com
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:27:00 +0300

* Chris Lightfoot <chris@ex-parrot.com> [20030822 14:59]: wrote:
>     [ to list as this is of general interest ]
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 07:40:29PM +0300, ODHIAMBO Washington wrote:
>
> > The only thing that I haven't gotten up is the bulletins stuff, because of
> > undefined subroutine, which is surely something that enters the left ear and
> > leaves by the right immediately. When it comes to perl, "i have nothing btn
> > my ears" ;)
> > I wanted to test the bulletins thing to use for mass-mailing, announcements,
> > etc..
>
> You should be able to get bulletins working as follows:
>
>     - Copy the perl subroutine onlogin_bulletins_handler
>       out of README.bulletins into a file (say,
>       /etc/mail/bulletins.pl). Note that there is a small
>       error in that file; you need to change the line that
>       reads
>
>         $recips{$r} = 1;
>
>       to read
>
>         $rr{$r} = 1;
>
>     - Add the following to your tpop3d config file:
>
>         onlogin-child-wait: true
>         auth-perl-enable: true
>         auth-perl-start: do '/etc/mail/bulletins.pl';
>         auth-perl-onlogin: onlogin_bulletins_handler
>
>     - Create a directory /etc/mail/bulletins.
>
>     - Restart tpop3d.
>
>     - Create a test bulletin file in /etc/mail/bulletins.
>       It can have any name ending `.msg', and it should be
>       formatted as a straight RFC822 message suitable for
>       feeding to sendmail -oi.
>
>     - Log in and check whether the message gets delivered.

I get this error when I attempt it..

Aug 25 09:22:42 ns2 tpop3d[15758]: auth_perl_callfn: perl function onlogin_bulletins_handler: Not an ARRAY reference at
/usr/local/etc/tpop3d/bulletins.pl line 46.

        Best regards,
        Odhiambo Washington
        Wananchi Online Ltd.

PS::REQUEST

Whenever responding, please, put your response _under_ the original (previous)
posting/message(s), not above them. This is the basics of Netiquette.

Also, remove unneeded fragments of previous message(s), especially any
"commercial" adverts. It's really ugly, space-wasting and hard-answerable
to have all that junk nested a couple of times. Thank you.

___W_A_N_A_N_C_H_I__O_N_L_I_N_E__L_T_D___The People's Choice______
Wananchi Head Office    |*|     Tel: +254 2 313 985-9
1st Flr Loita, Loita St.|*|     Fax: +254 2 313 922
10286-GPO, NAIROBI, KE  |*|     e-mail: <wash at wananchi dot com>
++

"We have a class C allocated from one of our /16's that has been
blocked by MSN without any prior warning/notice from them.
Unfortunately for our customers, this class C is heavily subneted and
their efforts to block a potential spammer is akin to throwing the
baby out with the bath water.  a /32 I can understand, but a /24?  Why
not a /23 or heck a /8 - carpet bomb everything..."
 --Darin Wayrynen (Frustrated my MSN.com moronity).