[tpop3d-discuss] What about lists of denied/allowed users?

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:16:31 +0100

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 03:03:37PM +0200, Michal Czerwinski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question/feature request.
>
> What about supporting a lists of users that are allowed or denied to log-in.
>
> For example, a new directives in config file:
> users-context: [allow/deny]
> users-context-mysql-query: a mysql query returning a user in each row
> users-context: login1, login2
> users-context-per: a path to perl script returning a lists of users in user1\n user2\n format
> users-context-file: a path to file with users in similar format as above.
>
> and other possible directives...

Hmm.

  - if you're using PAM, you can use pam_listfile to get
    this behaviour;

  - if you're using a database, you can add a clause to
    the SELECT statement to prevent certain users from
    logging in;

  - if you're using auth-perl or auth-other, you can
    change your code to implement such lists.

So that leaves auth-flatfile and auth-passwd.

I'm not sure how much demand there would be for something
like this.

--
``As usual the Liberals offer a mixture of sound and original ideas.
  Unfortunately none of the sound ideas is original and none of the