[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d, version 1.5.1

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 01:08:04 +0200

Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> I have now bowed to the inevitable and released version
> 1.5.1 of tpop3d.
>
>     http://ex-parrot.com/~chris/tpop3d/tpop3d-1.5.1.tar.gz

looks very nice, as always. Especially the TLS support is really fine.

some things:

- tpop3d -h shows me compiled in mass-hosting though I
set --disable-mass-hosting. hm, ok, just checked again, it should
be --disable-masshosting, unlike --help says.

- the man page seems a little outdated, e.g. it misses the -P option.

- (Unrelated to this particular release)
auth_mysql seems not to be used at all if the username has no domain part.
Would you accept a patch that changes this? This may sound unuseful, but we
have still many people that use there old unix username from
sendmail_with_virtusertable-times. Right now I handle this with auth-perl
but I'd like to kill this beast, so I simply can use an additional condition
in the WHERE clause.
(Note that append-domain is no clean solution. And I just compiled without
auth-perl for testing... wow, that saves about 850k making the binary only a
third in size)

- tpop3d.conf and the private key should only be readable by root, right? So
what about some nice warnings (to stderr and syslog).

- IGNORE_CCLIENT_METADATA should be undefined if MBOX_BSD is undefined. (any
harm if not?)

regards,
Jakob