[tpop3d-discuss] Next release?

Paul Makepeace beasts.org at paulm.com
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:49:12 +0100

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 08:46:08PM +0200, Angel Marin wrote:
> > Lingering issues; has anyone else seen:
> >         - missing bodies in email messages
>
> I've seen this with Outlook 2003 and some html messages. If you get the
> same message with OE6 the problem disappears.

Apparently this is a reasonably well known issue with various MS MUAs.
It's not a tpop3d issue.

> >         - messages appearing multiple times, one per retrieve session
>
> Never seen before. Similar thing happens to Outlook when you change
> between TLS and non-TLS or you change the server certificate or you
> change the port ..., Outlook looses the UIDLs it got before.

OK, that's useful to know. I'm going to have a session debugging at the
client site tomorrow...

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"What is the best answer? A childish retort."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/