[tpop3d-discuss] ldap auth problems

Thai Q. Tran thai.tran at dyotex.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 01:50:41 -0500

Since you plan to login via uid only, I would suggest you to search for
that attribute.  Here is an example of how you can do your conf file:

listen-address: 0.0.0.0()
mailbox: maildir:/home/Domain/$(user)/
append-domain: yes
auth-ldap-enable: yes

# The ldap url specified above is very specific, if you support=20
# multiple domains you will have to be more general.
auth-ldap-url: ldap://localhost/ou=3Dusers,dc=3Ddomain,dc=3Dcom

auth-ldap-searchdn:
auth-ldap-password:
auth-ldap-scope: base

# The ldap filter below will tell it to search for your uid
# objectclass is optional, if you need more search for info about ldap
urls
auth-ldap-filter: (&(uid=3D$(local_part))(objectClass=3DmailUser))
# LDAP filter without object class
# auth-ldap-filter: (uid=3D$(local_part))

# I believe in your case the users home directory is where their mail is
# stored, if not correct it as needed.
auth-ldap-mailbox-attr: homeDirectory

# Exim stores the mail messages in the specified directory using a
certain
# user and group, specifiy the correct info.
auth-ldap-mail-user: nobody
auth-ldap-mail-group: nobody

Hope this helps...  The tpop3d site also has some helpful documentation,
if this helps please let me know.  If not sorry for leading you the
wrong direction.

Thanks,
Thai