[tpop3d-discuss] ldap auth problems

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:11:01 +0100

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 03:17:50PM +0300, Jari Huuskonen wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I have been wrestling with tpop3d and ldap auth
> 3 weeks and need advice.
>

>  I am sure that problem is filter section.
>  If any one can help me please do that.
>
>  Also tested many different auth-ldap-filter:
>  rows, that has been on this mailing-list archive.
>
>  note login name is uid only, not john@domain.com

>  > Apr 25 11:40:54 mailserver tpop3d[2585]: auth_ldap_new_user_pass:
> LDAP
>  > search comlter: uid=john,ou=users,dc=domain,dc=com

this is slightly garbled -- probably from pasting the log?
-- but looks OK. Can you manually do a search with this?
Since tpop3d doesn't produce any other LDAP-related log
entries, this means that the entry wasn't found at all.
(If it had been found and the bind failed, another error
would have been printed.)

--
``Hello,'' he lied. (Don Carpenter, quoting a Hollywood agent)