[tpop3d-discuss] virtual domains

cking cking at e-pages.com
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:03:14 -0500

got a download url for it?

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:03:00 +0100
Chris Lightfoot <chris@ex-parrot.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:54:54AM -0500, cking wrote:
> > and this is the only way around??
>
> You could try the 1.5.1pre1 prerelease which has `mass
> virtual hosting' support. You can then say:
>
>     listen-address: 0.0.0.0/^pop3.(.*)$/
>     append-domain: yes
>
> if you have a bunch of IP addresses which correspond to
> pop3.example.com, pop3.example.org, ....
>
> But note that prereleases are even less guaranteed than
> normal releases (which have no guarantee at all...).
>
> --
> ``That office had been created to handle press relations and
>   psychological warfare, and I never met anyone there who seemed to
>   realise there was a difference.'' (Michael Herr, from Dispatches)

A good Linux operating system distribution makes a great computer-related Christmas gift, winter-holiday gift, or any-occasion gift. If you do not have Linux already, give it to yourself. Give Linux to friends, relatives, and others on your gift lists that do not already have Linux. If you or the people to whom you give gifts already have Linux, give them a Linux upgrade gift. Linux is a great gift idea.