[tpop3d-discuss] Selective maildir usage

John P Connor john.connor at icl.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:50:37 +0100

One of our customers wants us to do something rather odd, but I believe that
Energis have modified qmail's POP3 server to do the same. We are munging
mail sent to anyone@company.domain to company@domain and delivering it to
one maildir. What the users want to do is this: if they POP in as
anyone@company.domain, they just get the mail for that single address. If
they POP in as company@domain, they get all the mail.

I was going to arrange for the prefix of the mail files to be the user's
address. It would then be a fairly simple matter to attempt to identify the
appropriate mails, if this behaviour was required. I was intending to
control this by an extra field in the auth packet.

Question is, Chris: does this sound like something which could be included
in the main distro once implemented & tested, cos I don't fancy having to
make these changes every time a new release comes out, or am I on my own?

Cheers

John