[tpop3d-discuss] RE: LDAP Authentication

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:38:36 +0100

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 09:23:16AM +0200, prune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have not been working with tpop3d since last year, but as I can
> remember, try something like :
> auth-ldap-searchdn: dc=mye-znet.com,o=mye-znet
> as the searchDN is the start of where you are looking for entries
>
> auth-ldap-filter: is the attribut that is checked. if it matches with
> the supplied login, the entry is considered good, so :
>
> auth-ldap-filter: uid

No, not quite-- it's a substitution string for the filter.
The default is

    (mail=$(local_part)@$(domain))

-- but that clearly doesn't fit in this schema. It should
be easy to edit it to reflect it, though.

> I'll try (will be hard) to re-install latester tpop3d and see how I can
> provide more documentation and examples in the doc (ok chris ?)

Sure. Maybe I should collect some example configurations
for the next release....

--
``Faced with a choice between a bald man and a fat man, Conservatives
  naturally chose a bald man because the last Conservative leader was a