[tpop3d-discuss] Auth-Ldap BUG

Simon Loader simon at surf.org.uk
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:59:35 +0100

>Hmm. Which version are you using?
>
>Neither 1.4.2 nor the current CVS version shows this
>behaviour with auth-pam or auth-mysql. I don't have a test
>LDAP setup to hand, but I'm very surprised by this. Are
>you saying that it occurs with any authenticator?

using 1.4.2 ldap only just saying its odd I dont get a success message.

>So far as I can see, the LDAP authenticator will only
>generate an authentication context if ldap_simple_bind_s
>returns LDAP_SUCCESS. This ought only to happen when the
>password matches.

Yes, that true prehaps its doing anonymous auth

simon does a test

Yes that is the problem ldap is accepting no password and
binding as anonymous.

Well the The whole of tpop3d.c code is fine, I will muck around with the ldap
system ... I thought I switched that off.

--
Simon Loader