[tpop3d-discuss] Re: tpop3d

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:13:53 +0100

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 11:38:57AM +0300, Nick K. Kozubsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm use a tpop3d with MySQL by dialup. I's good program.
> So, when my modem connection is broken I can't reconnect to pop3 server.
> The server said - "Wrong rassword"!

Errm. Do you mean that the client gave that error message?
tpop3d will not give a specific `wrong password' message
-- it will say (depending on -DNOSNIDE_COMMENTS) either
``Lies! Try again!'' or ``Authentication failed.''

> I see lockfile in my mail spool dir. How long this file will be lock my
> access?
>
> I set timeout-seconds = 180. But after 3min the lock file is present.

Is the tpop3d process which produced the lock file still
running? It should be. You can check by looking at the
contents of the lock file, which should give a process ID.

--
Never criticise somebody until you have walked a mile in their shoes.
That way, they're a mile away, and you have their shoes.