[tpop3d-discuss] Leaks, LDAP, etc. - Preliminary report

Marc Lewis marc at blarg.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 15:19:06 -0700

Just to report that so far, so good running with Chris' patches, and my
added loops.

The leaks seem to be gone:

root     26862  1.0  0.1  4808 1928 ?        S    13:17   1:09 /usr/local/sbin/tpop3d -d -f /etc/tpop3d-ldap.conf

After two hours, still holding.

The loops also seem to have worked around the timeout issues we were
having.  We are still getting quite a few 'auth_ldap_new_user_pass:
failed login for (null)@floyd.blarg.net - trying again' messages, several
per minute, but when it retries the second time it always works.  The
delay between tries is short enough that it doesn't block the server.
We've had no calls, emails or NOCOL warnings about it since dropping it in.

I may even get a good nights sleep tonight...

Thanks.

 - Marc

--
Marc Lewis