[tpop3d-discuss] RedHat 7.2 mysql configure problem

Donovan Craig Donovan Craig <donovan at snapfrozen.com>
Sat, 4 May 2002 18:04:18 +1000

Hello,

The configure script can't seem to see the required mysql files on
RedHat 7.2 and yes I have the mysql-devel package installed and
working as I have compiled other apps today which seemed to find the
headers without any problems.

I can set --with-mysql-root=/usr/lib/mysql for the headers or to
/usr/include/mysql for the client libs but then the other can't be
found.

I know that the client libs are installed in /usr/lib/ and mysql.h is installed in
/usr/include/mysql.

[donovan@freejazz tpop3d-1.4.1]$ ls /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so

[donovan@freejazz tpop3d-1.4.1]$ ls /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h
/usr/include/mysql/mysql.h

[donovan@freejazz /]$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/kerberos/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/lib/mysql

[donovan@freejazz tpop3d-1.4.1]$ ./configure --enable-auth-mysql --with-mysql-root=/usr
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -I/usr/include/mysql  -L/usr/lib/mysql) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -I/usr/include/mysql  -L/usr/lib/mysql) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for library containing socket... (cached) none required
checking for gethostbyname... (cached) yes
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking for pam_start in -lpam... (cached) yes
checking for main in -lmysqlclient... -lmysqlclient
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... (cached) yes
checking for fcntl.h... (cached) yes
checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/file.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/time.h... (cached) yes
checking for syslog.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for crypt.h... (cached) yes
checking for execinfo.h... (cached) yes
checking for security/pam_appl.h... (cached) yes
checking for ldap.h... (cached) yes
checking for mysql.h... (cached) no
checking for tcpd.h... (cached) yes
configure: error: vmail-sql authentication enabled, but can't find mysql.h

Any suggestions appreciated..

Thank's in advance ;-)

Donovan

S n a p f r o z e n  S o l u t i o n s