[tpop3d-discuss] Re: Too many open files

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:05:55 +0000

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 10:32:00PM +0000, John P Connor wrote:

> Just encountered another issue, which is this:
>
> Mar 19 20:02:05 polanski tpop3d[5199]: [ID 702911 mail.error] net_loop:
> accept: Too many open files

> :-O When I checked on the box, only the main tpop3d process was running. I
> killed it off & re-started. Maybe loose file handles are where the mem leak
> is ... haven't had chance to take a look, just a suggestion.

No, the memory leak is in a bit of the code which doesn't
deal with files at all.

Is it possible that the file descriptor leak is in your
perl authenticator? I haven't seen previous reports of
this error message. In any case I will investigate later.

--
 You can check out any time you like... but you can never leave
 (from `Hotel California', The Eagles)