[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d domain stripping?

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:53:09 +0000

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 03:45:53PM -0600, Dom Gallagher wrote:
> We're currently using tpop3d in a virtualhost context, and it happily
> accepts user@domain or just plain user, by appending the domain
> (append_domain).
>
> We'd like to replace cucipop on a couple of machines, but have been using
> cucipop's 'feature' of ignoring domains for authentication.  Is there a
> 'strip_domain' or similar functionality that we could be using to
> automatically remove the domain before authenticating?  These users are
> authenticating from the system password file, and that isn't going to
> change.

Not exactly, though it would be easy either to modify
tpop3d or to write a perl authenticator to do this. At
present the two local account authenticators use the
username as supplied by the client, and won't try to
authenticate users who've supplied a domain; this could be
changed by altering the code in auth_pam and auth_passwd.c

--
 ``Don't worry, T. V. -- we'll lick those yellow bastards yet.''
   (US Navy Secretary Frank Knox, to Chinese ambassador T. V. Soong, 1942)