[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d and Netscape

Gerry Freymann gerry at interpool.ca
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 18:28:21 -0500

Are there any known issues in tpop3d-1.3.4 or tpop3d-1.3.5 with Netscape's
mail client?

I just set up an email account for a client and have been completely
unsuccessful in getting Netscape's email client to download email. I think
they have Netscape 4.

We can access this pop account via web mail and Outlook 2000 no problem.

Next question... is there a command where you can confirm which release of
tpop3d is running? I can't remember if I installed from ports (on FreeBSD,
which at that time was 1.3.4) or if I installed from source (I do have the
1.3.5 tar ball in my home directory). I would like to know for sure which
version I'm really running.

Gerry.