[tpop3d-discuss] POP b4 SMTP

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.biz
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:46:32 +0300

Hello list,

I have been running pop-b4-smtp with 1.4.1pre3 happily but I suspect that such
a facility can make a system an open relay even without notice. If , say one
of my users out there dials in to one of those services that are 'free' and
then does a pop, doesn't that imediately open your host for that particular
parent host to relay? By parent host I mean that particular server that assigned
them the IP to use. This is worse if that the IP is static (like a DSL connection).

Is my idea vague.

-Wash

S y s t e m s   A d m i n.

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@wananchi.com>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

++
Never call a man a fool; borrow from him.