[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d, version 1.4.2

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 21:25:20 +0100

1.4.2

tpop3d now accepts passwords containing spaces. auth-pam now passes the client
host information to the authentication stack. A fix to the logging code to work
around PAM brokenness was made. A memory leak in auth-ldap was fixed. The
amount of data transferred to/from the client is recorded. Fixed some bugs
which caused crashes on old versions of Solaris.

Added support for authentication against /etc/passwd-style flat text files,
contributed by Angel Marin. Added configuration-file options equivalent to
the -d command-line switch. Added support for notification of a DRAC server for
POP-before-SMTP relaying. Added support for the $(serverhost) substitution
variable in certain authenticators, thanks to Matthew Reimer.

--
``Tempers flared. In horror, I realized that I had created
  software that facilitates hatred between people!