[tpop3d-discuss] next release

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:28:04 +0100

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 06:24:45PM +0200, Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> Chris Lightfoot <chris@ex-parrot.com> wrote:

> >     was fixed. The amount of data transferred to/from the
> >     client is recorded.  Fixed some bugs which caused crashes
>
> Would it be much work to be able to execute a mysql-query for accounting
> purposes? Something like
> acct-mysql-query: INSERT INTO acct ... VALUES ('$(domain',
> '$(bytes_in)', '$(bytes_out)')
> If you you have no time or don't want to do it, I could take a look at
> it.

That's quite hard to do, since at the time that this
information is known, the tpop3d process has dropped
privileges and no longer has access to the database. A
program to grind over the log file -- or, with more modern
syslogds, a program which processes log items as they
arrive -- would be a better option, I think.

> Do you plan to add CAPA-support (according to RFC 2449)?

This is necessary for STLS support, which I will be
looking at for 1.5.1. (Or is it 1.5.0? I haven't been
consistent on this in the past and haven't made up my mind
which is more sensible....)

--
In view of the fact that God limited man's intelligence,
it is a pity that He did not also limit his stupidity (Adenauer)