[tpop3d-discuss] next release

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:10:41 +0100

I intend shortly to release tpop3d version 1.4.2. So far,
the change log notes

    tpop3d now accepts passwords containing spaces. auth-pam
    now passes the client host information to the
    authentication stack. A fix to the logging code to work
    around PAM brokenness was made. A memory leak in auth-ldap
    was fixed. The amount of data transferred to/from the
    client is recorded.  Fixed some bugs which caused crashes
    on old versions of Solaris.

    Added support for authentication against /etc/passwd-style
    flat text files, contributed by Angel Marin. Added
    configuration-file options equivalent to the -d
    command-line switch. Added support for notification of a
    DRAC server for POP-before-SMTP relaying. Added support
    for the $(serverhost) substitution variable in certain
    authenticators, thanks to Matthew Reimer.

Are there any other outstanding fixes which I have
forgotten?

--
``Oh my god, I was wrong! It was Earth all along!
  You've finally made a monkey out of me.''