[tpop3d-discuss] Virtual domains using passwd files

Angel Marin anmar at gmx.net
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 20:15:48 +0200

Usually your MDA may have this problem, so the aproach may be:
	auth-virtual-mail-user: nobody
	auth-virtual-mail-group: mail

and configure your MDA to write mailboxes 660.

> > "auth-virtual-passwd-file:" selects the location of the
> password file for
> > the domains you can use the substitution string $(domain)
> > 	* auth-virtual-passwd-file: /etc/domains/$(domain)/shadow
>
> ... but it must be in /etc/passwd format, not /etc/shadow
> format, on machines where those are different. I guess
> that's not many nowadays.

As only username and password fields are used you can use new /etc/shadow
format or /etc/passwd format (as they have the same number of fields), I
named it shadow to note that you can have a passwd file readable by your
MTA/MDA user and a shadow one readable by your tpop3d user.

> > To do:
> >
> > 	Modify configure & makefile
> > 	Any suggestion ?
>
> This all looks pretty plausible and I'm happy to include
> it in tpop3d. I guess it's a bit leaner than implementing
> it in perl....
>
> I take it that you're happy for it to be included in the
> distribution?

Of course, if you find it useful.