[tpop3d-discuss] Virtual domains using passwd files

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 18:57:40 +0100

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 07:30:27PM +0200, Angel Marin wrote:
> I added a couple things in the configuration file, so everything is
> customisable:
>
> "auth-virtual-mail-user:" system user that can access the mailboxes
> 	* auth-virtual-mail-user: mail
>
> "auth-virtual-mail-group:" system group that can access the mailboxes
> 	* auth-virtual-mail-group: mail

These are fixed-- this might be a problem if different
domains are configured to use different unix users, though
I suppose it's always possible to fix that with group
writableness.

> "auth-virtual-passwd-file:" selects the location of the password file for
> the domains you can use the substitution string $(domain)
> 	* auth-virtual-passwd-file: /etc/domains/$(domain)/shadow

... but it must be in /etc/passwd format, not /etc/shadow
format, on machines where those are different. I guess
that's not many nowadays.

> To do:
>
> 	Modify configure & makefile
> 	Any suggestion ?

This all looks pretty plausible and I'm happy to include
it in tpop3d. I guess it's a bit leaner than implementing
it in perl....

I take it that you're happy for it to be included in the
distribution?

--
The Boss: If the cops find out, we can frame my clone for the crime.
 Dilbert: That is so wrong.