[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d - new installation

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:47:18 +0100

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 10:49:56PM -0400, Dave Baker wrote:
    [...]
> 1) APOP only mode.  With this, as soon as the client sends a "USER"
> statement the server will immediately fail, to try to discourage the
> password being sent in cleartext by mistake.
>
> 2) Transfer stats mode.  Qpopper has a handy log format that just details
> username, mailbox size, bytes transferred.  I'd like to implement this to
> let me monitor network usage without requiring full -v output.  (There were
> a couple of mails on list regarding this on May 13th)

I've added these two, as well as some trivial fixes, in

    http://ex-parrot.com/~chris/tpop3d/tpop3d-1.4.2pre1.tar.gz

Note that the LDAP code in the above is in a state of
flux. Do not use this pre-release if you intend to
authenticate against an LDAP server using auth-ldap.

Hopefully I'll be able to nail the LDAP problems, though
my total absence of useful knowledge of LDAP is probably a
limiting factor....

--
``... entrepreneurs with minimal state oversight,
  like dot-commers with muskets.''