[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d - new installation

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:02:24 +0100

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 10:49:56PM -0400, Dave Baker wrote:

> 2) The web site talks about integrated ssl support being in the 'todo'
> list :-)

Hmm. Well, that's where it still is. I guess I should take
another look at it....

    [...]
> 1) APOP only mode.  With this, as soon as the client sends a "USER"
> statement the server will immediately fail, to try to discourage the
> password being sent in cleartext by mistake.

Hmm. That's an interesting idea, and quite easy to
implement.

> 2) Transfer stats mode.  Qpopper has a handy log format that just details
> username, mailbox size, bytes transferred.  I'd like to implement this to
> let me monitor network usage without requiring full -v output.  (There were
> a couple of mails on list regarding this on May 13th)

Yep. That needs doing as well.

> If anyone is interested in more examples of perl_auth I'd be happy to
> share what I have.

If you have some which are of general applicability, I'd
be gratfeul if you would let me include them in the
distribution.

--
``[It] became a hot water-cooler topic.'' (AP wire story)