[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d - new installation
dave at dsb3.com
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 22:49:56 -0400
Just wanted to drop a line to the list after having just installed tpop3d.
I spent some time trying to choose between the pop servers on the market,
and finally went with tpop3d for two reasons.
1) It's got the auth_perl module - perfect to tie in with my virtual
server config that's using exim's perl hooks.
2) The web site talks about integrated ssl support being in the 'todo'
There are a couple of things added to my own todo list. If no-one's
already working on these, and anyone else is interested in it, I might
start hacking and submit a patch.
1) APOP only mode. With this, as soon as the client sends a "USER"
statement the server will immediately fail, to try to discourage the
password being sent in cleartext by mistake.
2) Transfer stats mode. Qpopper has a handy log format that just details
username, mailbox size, bytes transferred. I'd like to implement this to
let me monitor network usage without requiring full -v output. (There were
a couple of mails on list regarding this on May 13th)
If anyone is interested in more examples of perl_auth I'd be happy to
share what I have.
- Dave Baker : email@example.com : firstname.lastname@example.org : http://dsb3.com/ -
GnuPG: 1024D/D7BCA55D / 09CD D148 57DE 711E 6708 B772 0DD4 51D5 D7BC A55D