[tpop3d-discuss] Re: Reason found: Since upgrading from 1.3.4 to 1.4.2 I have this problem

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:23:03 +0200

On Tuesday, July 23, 2002, at 01:12 , Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> When you say three simultaneous connections, I take it
> that these are for distinct usernames?

Yes.

> What is the
> max-children setting in the configuration file? What type
> of mailbox are you using?

Here is tpopd.config, when I use the first listen line the problem
appears, when I use the second, it doesn't. Somehow tpop3d (or the
system libraries) behave(s) differently in both cases.

#listen-address: 192.168.1.91:110(rna.nl)
listen-address: 0.0.0.0
mailbox: bsd:/var/mail/$(user)
auth-passwd-enable: yes
auth-passwd-mail-group: mail

> Do you get any useful
> diagnostics in the logfile?

No. Those that succeed are logged, the others fail at the socket level,
I think. Maybe tpop3d has more to do between the initial connect and the
fork of the child to handle when I set an explicit listen-address and in
between there is no one listening so the client fails immediately?