[tpop3d-discuss] Re: Reason found: Since upgrading from 1.3.4 to 1.4.2 I have this problem

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 00:12:02 +0100

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 12:33:40AM +0200, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> This has started since I changed the listen-address: 0.0.0.0 to
> listen-address: 192.168.1.91:110(rna.nl). Since I changed this (and it
> should not change anything I guess), I get these failures to connect to
> tpop3d. I tested with earlier versions: same thing.
    [...]
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> >From: Gerben Wierda <sherlock@rna.nl>
> >Date: Mon Jul 22, 2002  11:41:08  Europe/Amsterdam
> >To: chris@ex-parrot.com
> >Subject: Since upgrading from 1.3.4 to 1.4.2 I have this problem
> >
> >My mail client does 3 simultaneous pop3 reads on localhost. While this
> >never gave any problem with 1.3.2, now that I am running 1.4.2 I
> >sometimes get a complaint from the client that he cannot connect to the
> >pop3 server for one or two of those three. It seems that with 1.4.2 the
> >server is sometimes temporarily unavailable while it is creating the
> >forked processes to handle the other request(s). This never happened to
> >me while running 1.3.2

When you say three simultaneous connections, I take it
that these are for distinct usernames? What is the
max-children setting in the configuration file? What type
of mailbox are you using? Do you get any useful
diagnostics in the logfile?

--
``It's the basest form of diplomatic thuggery and a truly despicable example of
  a country being run by a bunch of self-serving, arrogant, piss-headed moronic