[tpop3d-discuss] Re: [Vmail-discuss] I am (newbie) trouble on DebianBox with the combo exim-mysql vmail-sql tpop3d vmc

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:21:33 +0100

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 08:19:13AM +0200, Stefan Kosak wrote:
> "configure: error: pam authentication enabled, but can't find libpam"

Perhaps you don't have pam installed properly. You can search the
packages database with, for example,

$ apt-cache search libpam | more

If you are compiling programs that need a library, you typically need to
install the -dev version of the library as well. For example, libpam-dev
(which actually resolves to another package in this case but that's just
a convenience Debian provides for you).

>    - have some updated package as SSH and warnings about PAM: now has
>      conflict with SSH. PAM dos not work.

I don't know what this is but make sure you have a line like,

deb http://security.debian.org woody/updates main contrib non-free

In your /etc/apt/sources.list file (you will get a newer SSH this way if
you don't already have this line in there). Of course, run apt-get
update && apt-get dist-upgrade again.

HTH,
Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"What is real? Ice weasels gnawing your face."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/